Submit an Article
OrthoThrive is pleased to consider original and unpublished articles on the topics of consulting, emerging technology, practice management and other orthodontic-related topics for inclusion in our digital publication. Articles must not be under consideration or previously published elsewhere, which includes both print and web publishing medias.
- All articles must be submitted as Microsoft Word text files or in Adobe PDF format.
- All digital images must be 1000px by 667px or larger file, with the understanding that larger files will will resized to the requested size. Images provided smaller than needed will not be used and an appropriate stock image will be found to replace it.
- Please send original, individual digital files as JPEG or TIFF files. We will not accept any images that are embedded in Microsoft Word documents.
- Clearly label each individual digital file/illustration to correspond with the desired placement.
- Use external contextual links to reference any stat sources.
Articles should be between 500 to 1,500 words in length. Total word count includes the body of the article, any captions and a short bio. Each article should be freestanding. Please keep all information in prose. Numbered or bulleted lists are not preferred.
When creating a title for your article, please adhere to the following character requirements, as the text will eventually be moved from MS Word into the page layout program.
The following refers to the space allotted within the typical layout of a clinical article. Please be aware that this may change for Viewpoint articles.
Main Title: The minimum number of characters is 30 and the maximum number is 56. (“Characters” is defined as any keyboard stroke, including spaces.)
Subhead Title: The maximum number of characters is 75.
AUTHOR BIO & HEADSHOT
Submissions must include a brief author bio (approximately 75-150 words) and a color headshot photo of the author, submitted as a jpeg file at 300 dpi and 4” x 5” in size or larger.