Everyone experiences stress in some form, especially in 2020—pandemics, elections, wildfires, protests, riots, racial injustice, home schooling, increased sanitization procedures—and that’s all on top of the usual stress of having to run a profitable practice.
While “stress” isn’t listed among the 10 leading causes of death in America, many well-respected studies link stress to a variety of ailments, including heart disease, stroke, and cancer. Depression and anxiety, which afflict millions of Americans, can be caused or exacerbated by stress. Stress can trigger flare-ups of asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, and even irritable bowel syndrome.
Sometimes just thinking about embarking on a program of stress control can be stressful. The key is to find a way to relieve your tension that doesn't add to the problem.
- Ways you can relieve and reduce stress with light and sound technologies
- How you can improve your brain function
- Grounding techniques and how it can improve your health
- The benefits of sleep for brain health
- Techniques to better your sleep
Note: A few of the resources above may be affiliate links from which we earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.